After Surgery Care Services
When you get home from a surgery, who will ensure that you will be able to safely and comfortably get settled? Once you’ve been discharged from the hospital, your risk of falls, mismanaged medications, and failure to meet dietary needs can greatly increase. With Allumine Home Health, you can feel confident that there is a plan in place to help you make the after surgery care transition to home successful. Below are just a few of the services we offer.
- Changing dressings and draining fluids
- Assessing post-operative progress and monitoring for signs and symptoms of infection
- Administering medications and partnering with your physician should you have a need for a change in medication
- Communicating your progress to your physician
- Physical and occupational therapy to help restore your function to its highest level
- Respiratory therapy to prevent pneumonia
- Assisting with range-of-motion exercises
- Light housekeeping
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming and assistance with other activities of daily living
Respiratory Home Health Services
Medications, treatments, and symptoms related to respiratory diseases can be overwhelming. The feeling of being unable to catch your breath requires a carefully designed treatment plan. Allumine Home Health can help you to be in control and catch your breath.
- Oxygen therapy and instructions for safe use
- Nebulizer treatments and medication teaching
- CPAP/BiPAP setup and training for in-home use
- Positioning and breathing techniques for enhanced comfort and relief
- Anxiety management techniques and treatments
- Exercise therapy to improve endurance and decrease symptoms
- Home modification tips for safe and healthy environment
- Fluid and dietary instruction for improved ease of breathing
- Review and management of medications for pulmonary disease
- Smoking cessation services
- Disease education
Bowel and Bladder Home Health Services
Allumine Home Health understand the need for private management to improve bowel and bladder health. Some of our specialized services include the following:
- Catheter management and instruction in catheter care
- Training in Clean Intermittent Catheterization using appropriate techniques to prevent infections
- Preventative skin care instruction for incontinent patients
- Instruction in timed voiding and urge suppression techniques for patients with urinary incontinence
- Management and prevention of urinary tract infections
- Fluid and dietary instruction for management and prevention of constipation
- Review and management of medications impacting bowel and bladder function
- Assessment and management of stoma and peristomal skin for complications
- Assessment of stoma type and placement to determine appropriate pouching system
- Patient education on application of appropriate pouching system
- Patient support during the learning process
- Patient education about ostomy problems that may occur in the future (skin problems, constipation or diarrhea (colostomies) recognizing UTI’s (urostomies), peristomal hernias or prolapse
- Patient education on daily living issues such as dietary restrictions (if applicable) travel tips, intimacy, clothing selection and exercise
- Assist patients in obtaining supplies after discharge from home health
Infectious Disease and Cancer
Infectious diseases include sepsis, Hepatitis, pneumonia, HIV, influenza and more. The care and recovery of these diseases can be overwhelming and difficult. Our team of care providers with Allumine Home Health will be there to guide your recovery and monitor for changes.
Cancers can cause numerous debilitating issues. With Allumine Home Health we can help you navigate the rehab you need to gain the strength and independence you need.
Heart and Circulatory System Home Health Services
Heart failure and fluid overload is the leading cause of re-hospitalization in the United States. With proper education, medication management and monitoring by your Allumine care team, the symptoms and disease can be treated to give you the ability to stay at home symptom free.
- Daily weight program
- Tracking of edema
- Monitoring for appropriate fluid medication dose
- Education on disease process and living with heart failure
Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Home Health Services
A musculoskeletal rehabilitation program is for people with impairments or disabilities due to disease, disorders, or injury to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, or bones. Musculoskeletal rehab programs can often improve the person’s ability to function, reduce symptoms, and improve the person’s well-being.
- Fitting and care for casts, braces, and splints, or artificial limbs
- Exercise programs to improve range of motion, increase muscle strength, improve flexibility and mobility, and increase endurance
- Gait retraining and methods of safe ambulation (including the use of a walker, cane, or crutch)
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence
- Patient and family education and counseling
- Pain management
- Stress management and emotional support
- Nutritional counseling
- Ergonomic assessments and work-related injury prevention
Behavioral Home Health Services
Delivers a full array of mental health, substance abuse assistance, primary health and prevention/wellness promotion care services are available, integrated and coordinated. Your Allumine Home health team will :
- Conduct weekly visits
- Provide education and support for the family members and patients 24/7
- Provide support and education on:
- Medication administration techniques
- Disease processes
- Coping skills
- Safe interventions that enhance the patient’s independence and safety in the home
- Provide frequent assessment and rapid handling of medical and behavioral health issues which can prevent ER trips and hospitalizations
- Work in coordination with your doctor
Diabetes and Other Endocrine System Home Health Services
Allumine Home Health will focus on the education, monitoring, and treatment of patients with Type 1 and Type II diabetes. Diabetes can be a debilitating disease if left untreated or is poorly treated. It places individuals at risk for heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, kidney disease, neuropathy, wounds, and blindness.
Patients who have frequent hospital admissions, diabetic wounds or foot ulcers, multiple new medications, patients new to insulin therapy, or underlying disease processes that may contribute to poor diabetic control, would benefit from our care team.
Our team will:
- Collaboration with the patient’s physician
- Customized client education materials
- Client and care provider education and self-monitoring
- Nutritional assessment
- Foot assessment with follow-up education
Wound Care Home Health Services
Allumine Home wound care focuses on the treatment, healing of wounds, prevention of future wounds and our patients overall heath. Your nurse will provide a detailed individualized care plan that follows the direction of your physician to ensure optimal healing. We understand the complexity of your situation and can help.
Your team will provide:
- Standardized evidence-based wound treatment protocols for specific types of wounds.
- Recommendations for support surfaces or other devices to promote wound healing and to prevent additional wounds or complications.
- Patient/Caregiver education regarding self-monitoring of signs and symptoms of complications, how to manage the wound in the home and how to prevent future wounds from occurring.
- Counseling on the types of foods, supplements and diets that can promote wound healing as well as on activities appropriate to the patient’s condition to prevent wound related debilities.
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with the patient’s treating physician regarding the patient’s progress toward healing as well as treatment options for wounds that are difficult to heal.
Wound Care Home Health Services
When your loved one is able to return home, we provide the proper care to help to make the transition as smooth as possible. We create goal-oriented treatment plans with your loved one’s therapists and physician to help your loved one regain independence as quickly as recovery allows.
We can help with:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Traumatic brain injury
Our team will help:
- Improved mobility to decrease the chance of falls
- Individualized strength exercises to increase physical abilities
- Ability to better manage condition and symptoms
- Nutrition for improved well-being
- Preventing unwanted hospital visits
- Transitioning to outpatient or self-care, with a plan for your loved one’s physician to follow-up
Complex Nursing Interventions Home Health Services
When you need the care only a nurse can provide, Allumine Home Health can provide the nurse you need. Our team of home health nurses are experienced with hospital and home setting care. Your team of nurses will address current symptoms as well as assess for future complications. Our nurses will provide detailed assessment, education and medication intervention under the direction of your physician.
Your nurse will:
- Check vital signs
- Perform comprehensive full body assessment
- Disease process education
- Medication education
- Intervention education
- Communicate with your physician
- Coordinate your care team